Donald Trump’s transition team has named several Heritage experts to serve on “landing teams,” groups of experts who enter departments and agencies now to pave the way for the January transition of power.
Here are the Heritage staff involved with landing teams so far:
- David Burton, economic policy expert–Department of the Treasury (source)
- James Carafano, national security expert–Department of Homeland Security (source)
- Curtis Dubay, tax and economic policy expert–Department of the Treasury (source)
- Steven Groves, foreign policy expert–State Department (source)
- Justin Johnson, defense policy expert–Department of Defense (source)
- Nina Owcharenko Schaefer, health policy expert–Department of Health and Human Services (source)
- Russ Vought, Heritage Action for America–Office of Management and Budget (source)
- William Walton, trustee–Department of the Treasury (source)
- Dakota Wood, defense policy expert–Department of Defense (source)
Through our Mandate for Leadership project, Heritage has assembled a comprehensive series of recommendations for the new administration to enact immediately once in office.
We will update this post as more landing teams are announced.