July 3, 2012
The Heritage Foundation has been a leader in educating lawmakers and the public about the negative impact of Obamacare and the importance of repealing the 2,700-page monstrosity.
Heritage experts are preparing for the coming fight. Here are some of the steps we will be taking in the coming weeks and months:
- Fight for Repeal: Heritage is working with conservatives to devise innovative strategies to allow repeal. For example, Heritage experts have noted that since the Supreme Court deemed the individual mandate a tax, the Senate may have the power to vote for repeal with just 51 votes, avoiding a liberal filibuster.
- Inform Lawmakers: The House of Representatives is voting on repealing Obamacare next week. Heritage and our sister organization, Heritage Action, will play a central role in informing and educating members about the consequences of keeping Obamacare on the books.
- Educate the American People: Heritage will continue to release cutting edge analysis of the 2,700 page law — analysis informed by the Constitution and conservative principles. Heritage will to inform both the public and the media about the impact and far reaching effects of Obamacare.
- Promote Federalism: Heritage is now working with state leaders who are trying to resist Obamacare and institute better health care reforms. This includes encouraging states to seek alternatives to Obamacare.
- Develop and Promote Principled Solutions: Heritage has created and will continue to refine policies that will reform the health care system to provide quality care while protecting the nation from increased debt, higher taxes and ever more federal regulation.
Learn more about Heritage’s Repeal Obamacare Project.
What do you think is the best course of action against Obamacare?