July 27, 2011
- Robert Rector’s article on ‘What is Poverty’ is featured in Xinhua.
- Jennifer Marshall analyzes the Atlanta school cheating scandal in the St. Paul Pioneer-Press.
- Heritage’s debt-limit chart is highlighted in Powerline.
- Heritage attributes the deficit to excessive spending in the New Zealand Herald.
- Robert Rector states that welfare programs erode self-sufficiency in Investor’s Business Daily.
- Heritage’s “What is Poverty” study puts US poverty in its proper context in the Huffington Post.
- James Sherk’s report on Obamacare stifling job growth is mentioned in The Washington Times.
- Chuck Donovan’s “Marshall Plan” for marriage is discussed in a Scripps-Howard syndicated column.
Heritage in the News
- Brian Darling comments on same-sex marriage as a potential tipping issue in close elections in the US News & World Report.
- Bruce Klingner talks about Sung Kim’s appointment as ambassador to Seoul in Yonhap News.
- Ernest Istook takes the floor of the House on the debt ceiling debate in Politico.
- James Sherk comments on employers restricting hiring to only “currently employed” applicants in the Detroit News.
- An American Spectator blog summarizes an event at Heritage in which Rep. James Lankford assesses Obama’s debt limit speech.